The Veggie Van works with churches, child care centers, community organizations and other non-profits to deliver boxes of fresh, locally grown fruits and vegetables to people in our community who have limited access to these products. Similar to a CSA (Community Supported Agriculture), we will deliver weekly boxes of produce for a set cost per box. Boxes can be ordered in advance, but payment is not due until the food is picked up. By ordering in bulk from local farmers and taking advantage of seasonal sales, we keep costs low for our customers. As an added service we offer recipes, cooking demos and nutrition information at the community sites.
Delivery to Community Sites is supported in part by individuals who subscribe to weekly home or workplace deliveries through CNP or through our partner organization, The Produce Box. Veggie Van also delivers weekly boxes to The Produce Box’s workplace customers in the Chapel Hill area. If you are interested in supporting the Veggie Van by becoming a member of The Produce Box, please read more about our workplace deliveries.
- What are some of the health claims you've seen on food labels? What do they mean?
- How do you select healthier options when comparing food labels?
- Do you know how to read a Food Label?
- Beet, Potato and Walnut Salad
- Do you have any strategies for making convenient and healthy snacks for you and your kids?