The Inter-Faith Food Shuttle's Cooking Matters, a program of Share our Strength is now offered in Orange County, NC by Community Nutrition Partnership.
About the Classes
Cooking Matters is a groundbreaking nutrition education program taught by professional chefs and nutritionists. These 4-6 week courses provide a long-term strategy to address hunger by ensuring that people with limited incomes can offer their families nutrition meals that are balanced, tasty, creative, healthy economical and safe.
All of CNP’s Nutrition and Cooking Classes include:
- Hands on Cooking
- Discussion of nutrition and healthy eating habits
- Menu Planning
- Budgeting and Resource Management
- Food for participants to take home and try the recipe
- What are some of the health claims you've seen on food labels? What do they mean?
- How do you select healthier options when comparing food labels?
- Do you know how to read a Food Label?
- Beet, Potato and Walnut Salad
- Do you have any strategies for making convenient and healthy snacks for you and your kids?