We can alsways use new healthy non-perishable items, cooking and cleaning supplies and participant gifts. Please see our lists below for needed items.
You can also donate new or gently used microwaves, mixing bowls, baking sheets (including regular and toaster oven size), electric skillets or griddles, and large toaster or convection ovens.
Please contact us if you are interested in making an in-kind donation.
Having a food drive at your work or organization? ·We would love for you to make CNP the beneficiary. ·Here is a list of non-perishable items that we need on an on-going basis.
- Olive or Canola Oil
- Whole Wheat Pasta
- Whole Grains: Brown rice, quinoa, whole wheat cous-cous etc.
- Pepper and Salt
- Cooking Spray
- Canned Beans
- Canned Fruit (in water)
- Canned Vegetables (Peas, Corn etc.)
- Nuts and Dried Fruit
- Dried Beans or Lentils
- Dried Herbs and Spices
- Unsweetened Peanut Butter
- Paper Towels
- Dish Towels
- Dish Soap
- Hand Soap
- Cleaning wipes
- Name Tags
- Ziploc Bags
Graduation from the Cooking Matters class is an exciting experience for our participants. As a recognition of their acheivement, we like to be able to offer small graduation gifts for our participants (kids, teens, and adults). Some possible gift ideas include:
- Cutting boards or other common kitchen equiptment
- Pedometers, Jump Ropes or other exercise gear
- Reusable Grocery Bags
* We ask that gifts be donated in sets of 10 or more
- What are some of the health claims you've seen on food labels? What do they mean?
- How do you select healthier options when comparing food labels?
- Do you know how to read a Food Label?
- Beet, Potato and Walnut Salad
- Do you have any strategies for making convenient and healthy snacks for you and your kids?